wiisnaww asked: No lie but if you do drag, you'd totes pull off dark/black lipstick. Kind of like a lighter Rihanna LOL
I LITERALLY THINK ABOUT THIS ALL THE TIME!
Before I head to UTEP here are some notes I took between tables:
Racialized transmisogyny, in my experience, is:
- the idea that we must conform to white medical models in order to be trans.
- The idea that our gender is only valid if we conform to our culture’s ideas around purity (I can go into more detail later)
- less access to resources for transitioning
- Greater pressure to adhere to standards of white feminity (for Black and Latin@ Transwomen, since we are seen as inherently masculine and aggressive cuz of our race)
- less access to jobs outside of the sex industry
- greater instances of harassment by law enforcement
- the erasure of our history and our contributions to our various communities.
More (and more details) soon. Also, these points are obviously influenced by class and ability/neurotypicality.
What do you think so far?